Welcome to Belfast SEO
We are well-known as Belfast's leading SEO Agency and look forward to helping your website win online. Check out our main website at Belfast SEO Company.
Top SEO Tips for Small Business in Belfast
1. Figure out your keywords - we suggest that you begin doing some online research about what keywords are. Once you have a basic understanding of what keywords are, then you can start looking into the keywords that will be likely to work best for your products and services in the Belfast area.
Your best case scenario is that when people in the Belfast area type words and phrases into the Google search box related to your products and services that your website will appear at the top of page 1.
2. Use your keyword research - when you figure out the keywords that will be most valuable for you, then it is time to start using those keywords on your website, social profiles and Google My Business listing.
For example if you are a hairdresser in South Belfast, then "hairdresser - South Belfast" should be front and central on your website.
3. Videos and images - be sure to use relevant, properly labelled videos and images on your website, preferably will titles closely related to your main key words.
Search Engine Optimisation – Topic Overview
The primary goal of search engine optimisation (SEO) is to create a way for search engine spiders to locate a page, website, and rank them according to its relevancy. This leads to having a page being ranked on a search engine results page (SERP). SEO is not a onetime process, and it needs attention, maintenance, improvements, and constant testing.
Search engine optimisation is a free (also referred to as organic or natural) way of redirecting traffic to a particular website. All leading search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, and others do have a result search page, where websites and other contents (including videos, listings, pictures, pdf, and others) are ranked based on what a search engine considers as relevant. Payment is never involved like it would in paid search ads.
Search Engine Optimisation Starts, And Trends
The leading search engine today is Google, followed by Bing, Baidu, and Yahoo. Research shows that websites ranked at the top of Google’s result page get almost 79% of clicks. This means that well-ranked websites get high CTR (click through rate). However, due to varying technological devices and different data, statistics and trends do differ a bit. For example, the way to optimise video content is different to how you would a written content. Some of the differences are:
PC-Based Starts and Trends
• Google receives over 79% (and 63,000 searches per second) of global desktop search traffic; Bing receives almost 8%; Baidu receives almost 7%; Yahoo receives almost 6%
• A majority of the words searched (keywords) are four or more letter words• Quality content and link building are the two primary ranking methods used by Google
• Long-form contents receive a higher share rate
• 61% of online marketers sorely concentrate or prioritise on SEO marketing• Over the past year, Searches with the word ‘Near Me’ has increased• 75% of consumers who local search visits a store within a 5-mile radius
Mobile Devices – Based Stats And Trend
s• A majority of Google searches take place on mobile devices compared in PCs, with 96% of traffic
• More than 46% of mobile users in America, check their phones before getting off the bed in the morning
• 30% of mobile searches are location related
• Over 56% of mobile device users have discovered a new product or company through mobile device search
• 78% of a mobile device based searched lead to offline purchases
By looking at the data above, it is clear that SEO is important. However, the way you optimise a page or website differs depending on your targeted group. For example, if your targeted audience uses mobile phones, the way you will optimise your website will differ from the way you will optimise for PC users. If your targeted users use both PC and mobile, then you should optimise your website or pages to accommodate both.
SEO is, therefore, a technique or process that needs a strategy. Search engine optimization strategies that generally be categorised or divided into a four-step process that includes:
1. Business Analysis
This is the first and most important step. For you to have a successful SEO marketing campaign, you need business analysis. A good business analysis should include the following:
• Website analysis
• Competitive analysis
• Original keyword nomination
2. Keyword Research And Development
This is often the second step and a primary requirement for a successful SEO campaign. After the first step, a marketer will get important data that they can use to make the process successful. In other words, you need a keyword that describes the business and works for you. To come up with a good keyword, you need:
• Keyword analysis
• Baseline ranking assessment
• Goals and objective
3. Optimization And Submission
The next step is to start on optimization. This process involves:
• Creating a website and page titles (with the keyword included)
• Creating strategic search phrases on a page
• Create meta tags
• Developing sitemaps
4. Continuous Testing And Improvements
Continuous testing and improvements are the last steps for search engine optimizations. Remember, SEO is not a one-time thing, it needs constant improvements and testing. That is mainly because things are constantly changing and users need new content.